Vacancy | Gallery Sales & Exhibitions Administrator
Employment type | Full time/part time with flexible hours considered
Salary | £12/h plus sales commission
Location | Bosham Gallery, 1 High Street, Bosham, W. Sussex PO18 8LS
Bosham Gallery is an art gallery in the desirable West Sussex village of Bosham, which exhibits and sells world class photography. Established in 2013, the Gallery is now entering its 7th year and has big aspirations to double the number of exhibitions it hosts each year. Additionally, the Gallery will be launching its photography courses brand 'Coast & Capture', which will offer 1-day courses in iPhone photography and capturing the beauty of Bosham.
About The Role
The Gallery Owner is looking for a bright and capable individual to support him with the day to day administration of the Gallery, along with the sales and marketing for the exhibitions. The Gallery is open every Saturday, and therefore a willingness to work weekends is essential. Knowledge and experience of working in a Gallery are not essential, this role is for a candidate with enthusiasm, exacting attention to detail, excellent administration skills and a positive attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Competent in a range of IT systems
- Enjoys administration and has an organised approach to work
- Competent with digital marketing, predominantly website and social media support
- Willing to learn sales through service approach
- Interest in art and photography
Customer Service & Sales
- Speak knowledgeably with customers about each exhibition
- Sell artworks to customers face to face, over the phone and via email
- Manage the customer inbox and phone, responding to queries
- Use the Salesforce database to track and manage correspondence and customer sales
- Use the Gallery payment systems to take payment for artworks
- Issue and process invoices through Xero
- Set up and run exhibitions with the Gallery Owner
- Support the Gallery Owner in liaising with artists
- Work with Gallery Owner and consultant to support digital marketing
- Support other marketing streams and share ideas on marketing strategy
- Open and close the Gallery
- Keep Gallery clean and tidy
- Monitor and manage the Gallery petty cash and note spending requirements on an ad hoc basis
How to Apply
Please contact the Gallery Owner Luke Whitaker via email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Gallery with your CV.
Applications must be received by the 23rd March 2020.